The talented young gun, first taking the wheel in competitive racing at age 13, rapidly smashed his way up through the Karting world; European circuits all the way to the Indy Lights series in 2011, where he claimed victory in the season opener at St.Petersberg. He would continue on to snatch four wins and 10 podiums en route to a resounding Indy Lights Championship title.
Fast-forward to today, and the Tennessee native is living a dream.
At just 23 years old, the Oakley speed demon is racing for Sarah Fisher Hartman head-to-head with the most prominent names in the sport. Between Josef’s abundant talent and vibrant personality, it is safe to say that he is quickly becoming one of the most popular drivers in IndyCar. The best is yet to come.
- 2012 – Made IndyCar Series Debut
- 2011 – Firestone Indy Lights Champion
- 2010 – Raced in the FIA GP3 Series (two steps from F1); 5 top-tens, 1 pole in 16 races
- 2009 – 2nd, British Formula Ford Championship
- 2008 – 1st, International Formula Ford Festival (first American to win)
Oakley, RoboPong, Alpinestars, Bell Helmets, ScoreBig, Copart
Rock climbing, mountain/road biking, circuit training, water balloon fighting, underwater basket weaving and ping pong!